We are often asked about our involvement in the community. For example, we might hear, “How is LifeWay involved in caring for the homeless?”
These are good questions.
Several years ago we made a decision not to replicate ministries that are already doing an excellent job meeting specific needs in our community. Instead, we have chosen to assist the local organizations that are meeting the real spiritual and physical needs of people. Below you will find our current list of what we refer to as Community Ministries.
- Grace & Grits Homeless Ministry: A joint ministry venture between several local churches that prepares meals and meets the needs of the homeless each week. Each Wednesday at 1st United Methodist Church in downtown Sanford (5th & Park Ave)
- Sanford Crisis Pregnancy CenterÂ
- Christian Sharing Center: Longwood
- Teen Challenge of Central Florida.
- Rescue Outreach Mission of Sanford